Affiliates
free forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

FRONT PAGE GUIDELINES

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 FRONT PAGE GUIDELINES on Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:48 pm

Lizard

Admin
Tia indicated interest in writing for the front page, so I gave her an account, blinked my eyes, and she already had a damn story up! I did go in and tweak a little, so it occurred to me that we should figure out what our guidelines should be. For example, here are two:

1. Every story should include an image of some kind.
If there isn't a photo of the person or situation about which you're writing, ask and we'll brainstorm. Once I wrote a story about a man who tried to rape a woman and was thwarted when she hit him with a hot iron--no pic of the perp, so I colorized a pic of an iron and took the brand name off. Voila! (However, Taco, you can't write about say, Obama, and get away with putting a pic of a tombstone or some such shit with it. None of those lame ass doctored pics either, like "Obama bin Laden" or Dick Cheney as Darth Vader.)

2. Figure out how to use the tags, and use them! And if you can't figure it out, ask!

All of the rules that Lizard has made apply. I would like to add the obvious as well. We don't want fluff. Please, if you want to write about something let it have some amount of substance.
Due to a new switch in the overall management of the site, Anna and I have decided to open up our topics. It doesn't have to be about true crime or crime at all. It can deal with anything.
3. Your topic has to be researched. It has to be about something real! It also has to have resources that can be found to back up it's legitimacy.
4. Your topic can be opinionated, but it must be civil and fair. If you are writing about something that you are trying to share with the masses to try to convey a certain side of an issue do not use slander! We are not trying to encourage propaganda. We want people to think for themselves. If you want to voice something loudly and vehemently, use the forums.
5. All articles are open to administrative editing or removal. Don't abuse the priviledges of being able to post on the front page. We will edit for spelling and grammar of course, but we aren't professors. We don't catch everything. The selected authors here can post directly to the front page. Please don't use it as your soap box when you have a bad day and want to go off on a rant about something. If I or any of the admins have an issue about what you are writing and how it represents us, it will be discussed and/or removed/edited.

Last edited by theskyisfalling on Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:32 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : New additions to list.)

http://www.areop.com

2 Re: FRONT PAGE GUIDELINES on Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:44 am

Tiamat

Pretty Much Settled in
Pretty Much Settled in
how about the obama dildo?

3 Re: FRONT PAGE GUIDELINES on Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:42 am

Lizard

Admin
Tiamat wrote:how about the obama dildo?

He can use a photo of it only if he has one shipped to my home.

4 Re: FRONT PAGE GUIDELINES on Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:33 pm

Tiamat

Pretty Much Settled in
Pretty Much Settled in
You know, I'm almost considering having one mailed to my cousin for christmas

5 dumb question on Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:20 am

Ruby

Learning My Way Around
Learning My Way Around
Um, I have a dumb question! Me, yes, yes -- over here!

Uh, where *is* the front page? I have this place bookmarked, and it seems to take me to the forums, and I see no link top, bottom, or sides to the FP. Am I looking right at it? Am I mildly (or majorly) retarded? Did you put it at another address and not link to it? Eh, what?

6 Re: FRONT PAGE GUIDELINES on Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:32 am

Lizard

Admin
There's a link in the "scrolling" welcome bar up top. And don't go there and be all mad at me, because there's not a link from THERE to HERE yet. (I just have to take the time to figure it out.)

www.areop.com

7 Re: FRONT PAGE GUIDELINES on Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:45 pm

MadmamainNC

Getting the Hang of This Place for Sure
Getting the Hang of This Place for Sure
I assume we register with our names from here?

Been away and playin on that place called FB so I'm totally behind

8 Re: FRONT PAGE GUIDELINES on Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:12 pm

Lizard

Admin
MadmamainNC wrote:I assume we register with our names from here?

Been away and playin on that place called FB so I'm totally behind

Totally up to you, Madmama!

9 Re: FRONT PAGE GUIDELINES on Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:08 pm

Mare

Pretty Much Settled in
Pretty Much Settled in
NR posted a terrible story on the fp. You all should read it.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum