1. Every story should include an image of some kind. If there isn't a photo of the person or situation about which you're writing, ask and we'll brainstorm. Once I wrote a story about a man who tried to rape a woman and was thwarted when she hit him with a hot iron--no pic of the perp, so I colorized a pic of an iron and took the brand name off. Voila! (However, Taco, you can't write about say, Obama, and get away with putting a pic of a tombstone or some such shit with it. None of those lame ass doctored pics either, like "Obama bin Laden" or Dick Cheney as Darth Vader.)
2. Figure out how to use the tags, and use them! And if you can't figure it out, ask!
All of the rules that Lizard has made apply. I would like to add the obvious as well. We don't want fluff. Please, if you want to write about something let it have some amount of substance.
Due to a new switch in the overall management of the site, Anna and I have decided to open up our topics. It doesn't have to be about true crime or crime at all. It can deal with anything.
3. Your topic has to be researched. It has to be about something real! It also has to have resources that can be found to back up it's legitimacy.
4. Your topic can be opinionated, but it must be civil and fair. If you are writing about something that you are trying to share with the masses to try to convey a certain side of an issue do not use slander! We are not trying to encourage propaganda. We want people to think for themselves. If you want to voice something loudly and vehemently, use the forums.
5. All articles are open to administrative editing or removal. Don't abuse the priviledges of being able to post on the front page. We will edit for spelling and grammar of course, but we aren't professors. We don't catch everything. The selected authors here can post directly to the front page. Please don't use it as your soap box when you have a bad day and want to go off on a rant about something. If I or any of the admins have an issue about what you are writing and how it represents us, it will be discussed and/or removed/edited.
Last edited by theskyisfalling on Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:32 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : New additions to list.)