Search
Affiliates
free forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

Richard "Sammy" McCroskey III Killed the Whole Damn Family

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Lizard

Admin
Debra Kelley was a few years ahead of me in my graduate program.

FARMVILLE, Va. — A criminal justice professor and her daughter, who police say were slain by a horrorcore rapper, were in counseling over the teenager's obsession with the macabre music, and the mother took her daughter to the concerts to keep an eye on her, a family friend said Wednesday.

Debra Kelley, 53, an associate professor at Longwood University, was hoping that Emma Niederbrock was just "going through a phase," said James F. Hodgson, a former colleague who had known Emma since she was about 1 year old. He said Kelley took her to horrorcore concerts, which feature artists who rhyme violent lyrics over hip-hop beats, in Michigan and Illinois.

"She's either going to go on her own or I go with her and make sure she's OK," Hodgson, a former police officer and now an associate criminal justice professor at Virginia State University, said of Kelley's reasoning. "She said that she needed to be there for her, and that she was going to grow out of this."

Kelley and Emma were found bludgeoned to death Friday at their Farmville home in central Virginia along with Kelley's estranged husband and Emma's father, the Rev. Mark Niederbrock, 50, and Emma's friend Melanie Wells, 18, of Inwood, WV.

Police have charged Emma's boyfriend, Richard "Sammy" McCroskey III, 20, of Castro Valley, Calif., with first-degree murder in Mark Niederbrock's death. McCroskey, who rapped under the name "Syko Sam," is also suspected in the other killings.

McCroskey and Emma, who went by "RagD0LL" online, appear to have met through the underground horrorcore scene. On Sept. 6, McCroskey flew to Virginia so they could attend a music festival together.

Authorities believe the killings occurred shortly after the group returned from the Sept. 12 concert in Southgate, Mich. The girls last logged onto their MySpace accounts Sept. 14. McCroskey was arrested Saturday at the Richmond airport while awaiting a flight back to California.

McCroskey's sister, Sarah, said her brother's friends told her that he and Emma had some kind of falling out at the concert.

Hodgson said Kelley, who specialized in violence against women but has taught classes in homicide, had been struggling since Emma got into horrorcore a couple of years ago. She and her husband separated about a year ago, and all three were in therapy "trying to move through this."
Hodgson said Kelley never mentioned McCroskey, but it was clear Emma was smitten with him. She had been sending McCroskey passionate messages on MySpace about his impending visit.

She was also looking forward to the Michigan festival, but complained in a post that her father, a Presbyterian minister, was coming along on the 16-hour drive.

"talka bout a long ass drive sharin the car with a (expletive) preacher," she wrote. "its gona suck but no doubt is it worth it "
"Hodgson said Kelley had tried to keep tabs on Emma, even installing software on her computer to monitor the Web sites she visited. She had been home-schooling Emma for the past several years because of bullying and discipline issues in middle school, and some of Emma's postings talked about smoking marijuana and drinking alcohol.

Hodgson, who co-wrote a book on sexual violence with Kelley, acknowledged that people might find it strange that someone like Kelley would indulge such a fascination with music that glorifies rape, mutilation and murder. Kelley had been on paid leave this academic year to conduct research and had resigned from the university effective in May, school spokesman Dennis Sercombe said.

Students were shocked when they found that out two weeks before the semester began. Katie Austin, 21, of Portsmouth, said Kelley was a popular teacher who often hosted cookouts for students in Lambda Alpha Epsilon, a criminal justice fraternity Kelley helped form. She would occasionally bring Emma to class."I remember instances where she would talk about how she didn't understand some of the things that were going on with teens these days, and she could have been referring to Emma," Austin said.

Hodgson last saw Kelley and Emma about three weeks ago, when he and his daughter were driving through Farmville. He remembered joking with Emma about her pink hair. Like his friend, he hoped horrorcore was something she would get over.

"Back in the day, you grew your hair long and wore bell-bottom jeans and listened to rock 'n roll and who knows what else," he said. "Our parents thought it was the end of the world, and we were acting so damned crazy. But somehow we grew out of some of that and got jobs and moved on with our lives. I mean, some of us did."
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5ir6PIEFJ6PHQFXW7IckUo784PJGQD9ATAP901

http://www.areop.com

Kitty

Pretty Much Settled in
Pretty Much Settled in
This story is "local" to me.. I'm still trying to wrap my head around the fact that this one little dude beat 4 people to death, by himself..

Lizard

Admin
Kitty wrote:This story is "local" to me.. I'm still trying to wrap my head around the fact that this one little dude beat 4 people to death, by himself..

That's just it--did he? Or did he have help at the beginning (the girls)? And then one of them said something about telling someone what they had done. Or, hell, once he got started he realized he really enjoyed it.

Lizard

Admin
When the tow-truck driver had finished pulling the car out of the ditch and onto a wrecker, he offered the 20-year-old driver a ride.

As the two men made small talk, the truck driver was almost overwhelmed by an odor, a stench he later concluded was that of rotting flesh. "He stunk like the devil," he says.
Richard "Sammy" McCroskey III told deputies who responded to the desolate stretch of Poor House Road early Friday that the car belonged to his girlfriend's father. Police say he appeared to be turning around when he backed into the ditch. The car wasn't damaged, but because McCroskey had no license, the car had to be impounded.

The truck driver, 52-year-old Elton Napier, asked the youth where he was from. He said he was visiting from California to see his girlfriend.

Napier could see what appeared to be red hickeys or "love bites" all over his passenger's neck. He couldn't resist asking."My girlfriend did that," McCroskey replied.

Napier chuckled. "She was about to eat you up, wasn't she?" he said. McCroskey just grinned.
Throughout the conversation, Napier did his best to ignore the powerful stench emanating from the passenger seat. He had noticed it inside the Honda when winching it out of the ditch.

Despite rolling down both windows, Napier heaved visibly twice.

Napier dropped McCroskey at a local gas station, and that was the last he saw of him - until footage of the arrest appeared on television.
http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/252/story/848049.html

Annabel Lee

Admin
What the hell is horrorcore? I have never heard of this...

Mare

Pretty Much Settled in
Pretty Much Settled in
I think they're juggalos

Tiamat

Pretty Much Settled in
Pretty Much Settled in
What disturbs me are the people now glorifying this jackass...

And... apparently cartman was right about gingers

Angel

Getting the Hang of This Place for Sure
Tiamat wrote:

And... apparently cartman was right about gingers

Cartman? Gingers? Did I miss something, or are those two terms 'personal' to you? Just wondering....

Tiamat

Pretty Much Settled in
Pretty Much Settled in
err, its from the cartoon southpark Surprised

Angel

Tiamat wrote:err, its from the cartoon southpark

OOOHHHHH.......I don't watch that one. Or any TV at all much. My kids get enough ideas for their smart mouth remarks from school, without having swearing and violence piped into the house over the airwaves. We nixed cable years ago, and don't have a digital TV, so now we don't even get local channels. I kinda like it......

Halo

From his myspace that is not available anymore.

Richard Samuel McCroskey a.k.a, SYCHO SAM

When he took the mic, aspiring California horrorcore rapper Richard McCroskey was known as Syko Sam, a violent, ax-wielding alter ego whose lyrics were flush with tales of killing people and whose MySpace page bears the warning, "I hate everything and I hate everyone." Now McCroskey, 20, is in jail after being arrested on Saturday at Richmond International Airport in Virginia, one day after police found the bodies of four people in a Farmville, Virginia home. The San Francisco Chronicle reported that McCroskey's MySpace page bore a number of messages from an adoring teenage fan from Virginia, Emma Niederbrock, who the rapper flew to visit on September 6. A friend said that McCroskey attended a horrorcore show in Michigan with Niederbrock and her best friend on September 12 called Strictly for the Wicked, with Niederbrock's parents driving them to the gig. Police believe that sometime after attending the concert, McCroskey killed the girl and three others in her home.
[...]

There is no known motive yet, but Ellington said that when asked by a reporter how he committed the crime, McCroskey said, "Jesus told me to do it." He is suspected of first-degree murder, robbery and grand larceny in the theft of Mark Niederbrock's vehicle, and officials plan to charge him in the other three killings once the bodies have been positively identified.
[...]

Neighbors described him as a loner who almost always wore a black hooded sweatshirt. His lyrics included one song where he rhymed, "I've killed many people and I kill them real slow/ It's the best feeling, watching their last breath."

The Mercury News reported that someone appeared to have accessed McCroskey's MySpace page on Sunday and deleted many of the messages, including those from Niederbrock, who had reportedly once written on the page, "I know my mind works weird cause I always expect the worst, but I'm trying sooo hard not to with you cause I know you'd never hurt me."

Emma Niederbrock (left) and Melanie Wells (From wtop.com)

Source.
Video here.

Halo

Still in complete disgust over this pathetic excuse for a human being. What a dark, demented, twisted soul.

Still reading...looking for additional pictures of mother and father, Debra Kelly and Rev. Mark Niederbrock.

Rest in peace Emma Niederbrock, Melanie Wells, Debra Kelly and Mark Niederbrock.

Angel

Why do these nutjobs always blame Jesus? To the best of my recollection, Jesus never killed a single person.

The idiot must have a negative IQ to go along with his lack of originality.

Irony in this situation (and justice) would be a big Mexican named Jesus beating him to death in his cell. Now, THAT would be "the best feeling". The sick bastard.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum