free forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

Precious Based on the novel PUSH by Sapphire

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Precious Based on the novel PUSH by Sapphire on Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:48 pm

Blue_Zombie

Getting the Hang of This Place for Sure
Just bought this box. I am really curious to see what it entails. I will keep you posted on what I think. Anybody else read it?

Blue_Zombie

Okay, I just finishe dreading it. All I can say is Wow. I think we all know that these things happen, and by things I mean incestual relationships, rape, abuse, drug addiction, children falling through the proverbial cracks in society. But that doesn't make it okay. It doesn't mean we should overlook or ignore what is going on. What this book did for me was to further spur the notion in my head that I need to do more for society, especially our children. While the book is graphic in a sense, it's not as graphic as you would expect. The use of the language and the structure of the story are what get you. It is a quick read, and not one for a queasy stomache. Overall, a good book, one that truly made me think.

Blue_Zombie

Okay, one more post. I fail to see how Mariah Carey cast as Precious will do justice to the story. Unfortunately, I think for that reason alone it will discredit the story. I haven't watched the movie yet, but when I do, I'll make sure to update my opinion.

Kitty

Pretty Much Settled in
Pretty Much Settled in
Blue, Mariah Carey isn't cast as Precious, Precious is being played by Gabourey Sidibe. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0929632/ Mariah is playing some support character. I look forward to seeing this movie.

Blue_Zombie

Oh good, thanks for clarifying for me. Smile

MadmamainNC

I called the local college library to see if they had this book, which they didn't. The guy did a inner library search to get it sent to them and no library in their system (I'm assuming several county areas) is carrying it. NC has issues with banning books.

I want to read the book before seeing the movie and I am anxious for both. Guess I need to make a trip to Barnes and Noble.

Hippie

Admin
Haven't read the book, but by the sound of it I think I am going to have to pick it up. Thanks, sisters for the information. hippie

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum