Affiliates
free forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

Two Children both under 2 brought to hospital are dead

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Redfire

Learning My Way Around
Learning My Way Around
Hillsborough County Sheriff's detectives are investigating the deaths of two small children who were brought apparently lifeless to the Brandon hospital this afternoon.

The sheriff's office confirmed late Thursday afternoon that both children were dead, though the agency has not released whether they were dead when they were brought to the hospital.

Among the few details released by the sheriff's office:

A parent brought the boy and girl into the hospital at about 3 p.m. One child is a boy, the other a girl. Both are under the age of 2 and are siblings.

The sheriff's office is treating the case as a death investigation; the cause of death will be determined by the medical examiner's office, which will be conducting autopsies

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2009/aug/13/132027/2-children-brought-unresponsive-brandon-hospital/news-breaking/

I am not sure that this is truly a crime yet, but its sounds kinda fishy. I will be following this story.

2 Update on Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:44 am

Redfire

Learning My Way Around
Learning My Way Around

TAMPA - Two children pronounced dead Thursday at Brandon Regional Hospital had an elevated body temperature, the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office announced today.

Michael Ervin brought the apparently lifeless bodies of his children, 17-month-old Dionna Ervin and 5-month-old Kaden Warren, to the front desk of the hospital's women's center Thursday afternoon.
Hillsborough County Sheriff's Maj. Harold Winsett said an autopsy completed today doesn't list a cause of death and that investigators are still trying to determine whether a crime occurred. They already have searched Michael Ervin's home in Valrico.
Even though the children had high body temperatures and the sheriff's office plans to search a vehicle seized as part of the investigation, Winsett wouldn't comment on whether the children had been left inside a hot car.
http://www2.tbo.com/content/2009/aug/14/141111/autopsies-today-2-children-brought-brandon-hospita/news-metro/
I had a feeling this is were this story was going to go. I work in Brandon, I cant even stand out side for a smoke break for more than 15 minutes because its too damn hot. Mad
There are alot of cute pics of the babies with the article. I am not that good at this posting thing yet or I would post one.

Last edited by Lizard on Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:02 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added photo.)

Halo

Getting the Hang of This Place for Sure
Thanks Redfire.

Here's the photo album. Such beautiful children. I understand it was a man, I think the father of the children who brought them to the hospital and left. He was supposed to be caring for them as the mother worked. I cannot imagine what that call was like as she was told about her babies deaths.

Michael Ervin brought the apparently lifeless bodies of his children,
17-month-old Dionna Ervin and 5-month-old Kaden Warren, to the front
desk of the hospital's women's center Thursday afternoon.
Though the medical examiner's office has finished the autopsies, the
cause of death is still listed as pending the outcome of the
investigation.[...]His mother Valeria Ervin said the babies had been well-loved and precious to the family.

"They were very well taken care of," she said. "We just want our privacy to mourn. We loved our babies."

The family isn't sure how it is going to get through its grief, Valeria Ervin said.

"These babies were not neglected. They were more important to us
than anything," she said. "The babies were very precious. They had
their own personalities, and they were wonderful little people."

The child's mother is Enidlin Warren. Her greatest joy in life family members say.

I just can't imagine the overwhelming grief this mother must be feeling....the entire family. Losing both children. I just hope it was not intentionally done but from I read it appears she adored her children. The "father" has a lot to answer for...I'd like to know what the hell happened that took these sweet angels.

So sorry sweet ones....

Last edited by Halo on Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:10 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : updated info)

Lizard

Admin
I have to admit, it makes me happy to get to see Halo in action again.
Somehow I feel like when Halo's in the house, all the lost children are
found again.

http://www.areop.com

Halo

Lizard wrote:I have to admit, it makes me happy to get to see Halo in action again.
found again.

Liz, it feel real good. I can't express how much I love remembering the little ones, it means so much.

I think that is the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me regarding the posts I do. With my heart, thank you. I love you

Lizard

Admin
Halo wrote:
Lizard wrote:I have to admit, it makes me happy to get to see Halo in action again.
found again.

Liz, it feel real good. I can't express how much I love remembering the little ones, it means so much.

I think that is the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me regarding the posts I do. With my heart, thank you. I love you

I'm truly glad you think that me saying so is nice, but it's just a fact of life for me. My experience suggests that when children are hurt, Halo's heart knows. It feels as though I can concentrate on those who are not children, because I know Halo has already gathered up the little ones.

http://www.areop.com

Hippie

Admin
Halo wrote:

I just can't imagine the overwhelming grief this mother must be feeling....the entire family. Losing both children. I just hope it was not intentionally done but from I read it appears she adored her children.

So sorry sweet ones....

Halo...my sweet sister! I would have to agree with Lizard. One reason we love you dear is that you call the angels, all of the lost ones into your arms, and yes somehow that just seems right to me and comforting. Thank you.
I love you

Halo

Two children pronounced dead Thursday at Brandon Regional Hospital had
an elevated body temperature, the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office
announced today.

Michael Ervin brought the apparently lifeless
bodies of his children, 17-month-old Dionna Ervin and 5-month-old Kaden
Warren, to the front desk of the hospital's women's center Thursday
afternoon.
[...]
Hillsborough County Sheriff's Maj. Harold Winsett said an autopsy
completed today doesn't list a cause of death and that investigators
are still trying to determine whether a crime occurred. They already
have searched Michael Ervin's home in Valrico.

Even though the children had high body temperatures and the
sheriff's office plans to search a vehicle seized as part of the
investigation, Winsett wouldn't comment on whether the children had
been left inside a hot car....."If a crime has been committed, we'll determine that at some point and
act appropriately. At this point, a crime has not been determined."[...]Officials with the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office and the
Department of Children & Families are investigating the children's
deaths. DCF has investigated the parents for alleged abuse one previous
time
, spokesman Terry Field said.

The agency is not yet releasing details of that case, Field said.
DCF launched a new investigation on Thursday after someone called their
hotline saying the children died because of abuse or neglect
...witness Bunny Greathouse said she was at the hospital visiting a relative when a man arrived with the children.

She said the man drove up by himself, with the children. He took one
child out in a car seat, which he put on the back of the car, then got
the other child. She thought the child in the car seat was asleep.

"When I went back in the hospital, the baby was on the floor in
front of the security desk, still in the infant seat," Greathouse said.
"The older baby was laying on the desk and the security guard was
shaking her, and I guess they were both already gone. I don't know. A
lot of doctors came running out; there must have been 50 doctors out
there doing CPR."

Greathouse, still visibly upset hours after the incident, said the man seemed in no rush to bring the children into the hospital

I want to know exactly what happened. With the autopsy complete now its just a matter of investigators releasing info. Appears far more was going on in the lives of these children.

Such precious lives lost....

Source.

Redfire

Learning My Way Around
Learning My Way Around
The children's father was just arrested for the children's deaths.

Kitty

Pretty Much Settled in
Pretty Much Settled in
http://www2.tbo.com/content/2009/aug/28/2-kids-died-heat-dad-charged-manslaughter/

The two children whose apparently lifeless bodies were brought to the Brandon Regional Medical Center this month died from being exposed to "extreme environmental temperatures,'' the medical examiner's office says.

The person who exposed them to the heat was their dad, the sheriff's office says.
Michael Ervin, the father of 18-month-old Dionna Ervin and 5-month-old Kada Warren, was arrested today and charged with two counts of aggravated manslaughter of a child.
A moot point I'm sure, but why does the older baby have dad's name and not the younger?

Redfire

Learning My Way Around
Learning My Way Around
Authorities say the children had elevated core body temperatures; an arrest affidavit says Dionna's core temperature was 109 degrees; Kaden's was 105 degrees
http://www2.tbo.com/content/2009/aug/29/father-held-without-bail-childrens-deaths/news-breaking/
damn. :cry:
I was wondering about the names too.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum