free forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

Squeaky Fromme Paroled. Happy 40th Charlie

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Squeaky Fromme Paroled. Happy 40th Charlie on Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:12 pm

Kitty

Pretty Much Settled in
Pretty Much Settled in

FORT WORTH, Texas – The Charles Manson follower convicted of trying to assassinate President Gerald Ford was released Friday from a Texas prison hospital after more than three decades behind bars, a prison official said.

Lynette "Squeaky" Fromme was just 26 years old when she pointed a semiautomatic .45- caliber pistol at Ford in September 1975 in Sacramento, Calif. Secret Service agents grabbed her and Ford was unhurt.

Fromme, now 60, left the Federal Medical Center Carswell in Fort Worth at about 8 a.m. Friday, spokeswoman Dr. Maria Douglas said in a statement.

Fromme, who got a life term, became the first person sentenced under a special federal law covering assaults on U.S. presidents, a statute enacted after the 1963 assassination of President John F. Kennedy.

Ford was walking to the California State Capitol from his hotel when Fromme pushed through the crowd, drew the pistol from a holster on her thigh and pointed it at the president as he shook hands with well-wishers. She was restrained by Secret Service agents who wrested the gun away from her and led the president to safety.

Fromme was granted parole in July 2008 and released "via good conduct time" after completing a 15-month sentence for unlawful escape from a federal correctional institution, according to the statement. That sentence was being served consecutively after a life sentence for threats against the president.

She escaped from a female prison in Alderson, W.Va., on Dec. 23, 1987, and was recaptured about two miles away on Christmas Day after a massive search. She was sentenced to an additional 15 months in prison for the escape. Fromme had said she escaped from prison to be closer to Manson.

It was unclear why Fromme was at Carswell, a facility that specializes in providing medical and mental health services to female offenders. A spokeswoman for the bureau of prisons did not immediately return a phone call Wednesday seeking comment.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090814/ap_on_re_us/us_manson_follower_ford

Annabel Lee

Admin
Holy shit. I honestly didn't think she was going to get released. A lot of people think that she really didn't intend to kill Ford, she was just trying to make headlines...

I love this part

It was unclear why Fromme was at Carswell, a facility that specializes in providing medical and mental health services to female offenders.

Yeah..I cant imagine why Squeaky Fromme would be in a mental health ward Razz

Hippie

Admin
I'm cool with her being out. She served a long damn time for her crime. I just hope she stays on her medications. That will be the key to her success beyond the walls.

LexDev

Getting the Hang of This Place for Sure
I don't know, I doubt that she'll last too long on the 'outside'. How will she support herself? Who'd hire her to work for them? She's never held a job in her entire life, so social security is out of the question. I don't think she's ever had children or has a family to fall back on. So what is she going to do? Anybody hear?

I predict, and I could be wrong, that she'll do something nutty again. Probably, within a year from now...but that's just my opinion.

Lizard

Admin
Hey. You're awfully good at this non-lurker business! (Super cute avatar too.)

http://www.areop.com

LexDev

Awe Thanks. I'm currently laid off, so I have more time than I normally do...

My avatar is in memory of my Kitty, Missy, who we had to put to sleep a few months ago. I, think, she led a pretty good life. She was a 24 year old black and white long haired Angora...I downloaded the picture the night before I join this forum and it struck me as being a perfect avatar...

Oh, and Lizard,
I'm NOT kidding, I've never joined a site before. All this stuff is new to me as a member, but it's relatively easy to figure out, if you are the least bit computer savvy...

Last edited by LexDev on Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:29 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added to post)

7 Re: Squeaky Fromme Paroled. Happy 40th Charlie on Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:55 am

Shocked
I'd give Squeaky a job.
Housekeeper sounds fitting, with her name and all ya know.

Annabel Lee

Admin
Little known fact - Squeaky went to high school with Phil Hartman. I have a biography on her that was quite good as I remember.
Squeaky: The Life and Times of Lynette Alice Fromme by Jess Bravin

LoCK

Learning My Way Around
Learning My Way Around
So what is she going to do? ... I predict, and I could be wrong, that she'll do something nutty again.

ohhhhh I'll bet there's a handful of book agents and shady movie producers that'll help cover the *nutty* aspect in her future. Laughing

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum